Friday, May 16, 2014

Abigail's Birthday!!!!!


My dearest family!!

So before I tell you anything else... 
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY
BEAUTIFUL 24 YEAR OLD SISTER ABIGAIL!!!!!!!!!!!! 
Ahhhh Abs I cannot believe it is your Birthday today!! Such a wonderful day it is. Also,
for everyone else... HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO!!!! We had a fiesta on
Saturday with our branch so we're unfortunately not having one for
Cinco de Mayo today.. and I helped plan for the one that's happening
in Gridley tonight, which lots of my Yuba members are going to, sad,
haha but still what a lovely day it is. Abs, I hope you got my
Birthday package!! (I'll e-mail you separately right now) but I hope
everyone gives her lots of love & attention today and spoils her
rotten!!! Oh, which reminds me.. Mom! I got your Easter package last
Monday. The best!! I was soo excited to receive it and you couldn't
have made it better. I am now sleeping on the pillow case you sent me
every night too. I love it. It motivates me and puts a smile on my
face every time I see it when I go to bed. Especially seeing the big
quote that's in the middle, "Be still and know that I am God." I love
it!! Thank you so much!! Also, I got the sweetest letter from Grandma
Barth, my #1 writer. I am the luckiest. Okay and now I am going to
explain the rest of what I want to tell you in some bullet points...
It has been a crazy week!!!!

1. First off, I had my last interview with the one & only, President
Weston this past week. Wow. I don't even know how to describe the
interview I had with him. It was amazing. It could not have been more
spiritual or meant more to me. I honestly walked away from my
interview feeling like a changed person. That man inspires & motivates
me more than I can express and just overall is one of the most
spiritual and incredible men I know of. Honestly I cannot even begin
to explain how much I idolize, admire, look up to and love my
president. I love him so much!! And it makes me soo sad knowing he's
leaving in a month. I can't even think about it. I know President
Marston will be incredible as well but I don't know how anyone could
be better than President Weston. I am convinced he's the best
president in all the missions! And a future General Authority. Ohh I
cannot wait for you all to meet him. And I have a pretty good feeling
you will because he's only lives in Murray and near the end of our
interview he was like, "I will get to see you at your homecoming!!"
haha and I hadn't realized there was a chance he would come to my
homecoming till then, so that's pretty exciting. And then also he was
talking to me about future things such as school & marriage... talked
about me being a wife & mother, so crazy, haha and then he said near
the end, "your husband doesn't know how good he's going to have it...
but I am going to tell him." Haha and I thought to my self... huh??
And then he said, "I will be at your wedding!! Oh that will be so fun
to see you get married..." etc. etc. Oh my goodness the best!!
President Weston coming to both my homecoming & wedding!! I am the
luckiest!!! I have a feeling I will be stopping by the Weston home a
whole lot more than that as well, giving he lives so close. But it
made me pretty happy to think about. Such a benefit from living in
Utah. But as for a kind of feel for the main part of the interview...
I pretty much was in tears from the beginning. And he was teary during
a whole lot of it as well, especially at the end, which killed me even
more. He actually got pretty emotional at the end. Ohhh he is purely
amazing. We talked about so much and I asked him advice on a whole lot
of stuff as well and everything he told me just really touched my
heart and hit me in a way it hadn't before. He really stressed talking
about having strong, activating faith & a close relationship with the
Spirit (including meaningful prayers, etc.) for those are things I
need desperately for the rest of my life and will help me be the best
woman, daughter, sister, friend, wife and mother I can possibly be. So
anyways, there's a whole lot I could say but it was such a special
interview. I will never ever forget it. I know I will stay close to
President Weston for the rest of my life.

2. We found so much more success this past week!! Things have been soo
much better and are really looking upward! We found a darling couple,
tracting... woot woot and we were able to teach both the wife AND
husband which was huuuuge so we're super excited. We made a set lesson
with them and they were all ready to listen when we got there to
teach. Also, there neighbor, Gregorio, who's 19 sat in on the lesson
and was so awesome as well. Oh yeah.. So the man's name is Domingo and
we can't remember his wife's name (so bad) but they're probably in
their 40's and all of their family is in Mexico but they are soo
awesome and loved everything we taught from the Restoration and at the
end the mom said about a 10 minute (silent) prayer for us... we kinda
forgot to tell her to say it out loud?? But it was still nice. And
then they both committed to reading & praying about everything we
taught and the dad kept saying, "I know there is a lot of information
in this book... The Book of Mormon.. so I know I only need to read
from it to learn & understand more." So awesome. So golden. We have
another lesson with them tonight so I'll keep you updated on that!!

3. The absolute worst thing I have witnessed thus far on my mission
happened. So I won't go into TOO much detail... but Saturday night we
were at an area called, "Los Campos" ... "The Camps" which is
low-income housing and it's like a little Mexico, purely Hispanics..
Well anyways, we had a lesson there and were peacefully praying in our
car before walking to our lesson.. then when we got out these two
little cute Hispanic boys ran to us telling us this crazy dog had just
killed a cat. They said it had happened while we were in our car
(while we were praying). So anyways, we saw this freshly killed cat
and a crazy, red-eyed, pit bull looking dog continue to bite at it,
etc. yeahhh.. I was cringing and partially freaking out at this point.
But so then all the kids were running out, along with lots of the
neighbors, and they were trying to get this dog out. Well then... we
walked to our investigators house, 2 were there actually.. Augustina
and her ex-daughter-in-law Maria, and we told them what had happened
because it was clear something was going on. Then we watched the
psycho dog literally speed chase down three other cats. Which luckily
the cats escaped but we were all holding our breath watching it. I was
so relieved I didn't see the first cat get killed and I didn't want to
witness another. He was honestly on the look out for anything with
fur. So that was crazy and finally a security guy came out and the
owner of the dog... But then they just sat there with the crazy dog
not taking it away or anything. The security man was just standing
there smoking and not taking care of business. It drove me nuts. So
then, after about 10 minutes when we were all kinda watching what was
going on... We were all outside... and all of the sudden a cute, long
haired, medium sized, fluffy little dog came into sight and before we
knew it... Bam. The big crazy, evil dog, got a hold of it and we
witnessed the most horrifying scene. We watched the dog just shake
that little dog while it was in its mouth till it died and ohhh my
goodness. I was screaming, hiding behind my companion, cringing beyond
belief and completely horrified. It was so awful to watch and then the
dog ran right past us afterwards with a limp dog in it's mouth. Only a
little smaller than Henry and with hair like his when it's longer. I
was so mortified and what made it even worse was there were about 20
little darling Hispanic children all around witnessing everything. Of
course their parents were freaking out, yelling and telling them to go
inside during it all but yeah. It was awful. Sorry for the details but
it was the worst thing I have ever seen and it still makes me sick to
think about. Never thought I'd ever witness such a thing and I am
scarred. So sad too because Maria's daughter afterwards said with the
saddest look on her face, "I never want to come back here ever again."
Poor little thing is soo scarred!! So yeah, even though it is terrible
I couldn't not share the story. Sorry if I told more details then you
would like but Hermana Hughes and I still say, "Nobody will ever
understand what we witnessed!!!!!" It was too crazy & awful for words.
Ohh the things we experience on a mission. Haha

4. Let's see, what else... well again.. we saw a lot more success this
past week and things are happening and picking up slowly but surely.
Which makes me sooo happy. We are very content and have a lot of faith
we're going to witness many miracles together. We visited a ton of
less-actives this past week which was awesome and we're getting more
referrals, etc. Elder Mosely (Connor Haller's friend) and Elder Murray
gave us some awesome referrals too and I taught one of the deepest
Restoration lessons I have thus far with one of them. They knew the
bible so well so we were having to dig deep into stuff and it was
super fun. They are super Catholic but the husband enjoys reading the
Book of Mormon and said maybe the'll come visit our church one week.
We'll see! I kinda liked teaching someone who knew more doctrine. Made
it fascinating. But we feel wonderful and are having a ton of fun
along the way!! Also, I have Any & Maria's baptism this weekend!!!!!!
So I will be heading to Gridley on Saturday for that... which I am
soooo unbelievably excited about!!!! I finally get to watch my
tracting success, the most golden of all golden's and the cutest
mother & daughter ever... enter the waters of baptism!!!! I honestly
cannot wait. And then I will be able to tell you all about it over
skype the next day!!!! Mother's Day!!!! I have even more to be excited
about!!!! Oh, and I will be speaking in Sacrament Meeting next Sunday,
on Mother's Day, so that will be very fun!! And it's Hermana Piggott's
Birthday on Friday!!!! So many wonderful things to look forward to
this week & weekend. I love it!!!!!!

But okay, well I better go. I have a lot to update President on. But I
love you all sooo much and I hope everything is wonderful at home!! I
want to hear all about Abigail's graduation, David & Hailey's wedding
and then I hope my best friend and sister in the world has the BEST
BIRTHDAY EVER!!!!!!!!! Gayyyyorg I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ralph,
give her lots & lots of hugs for me today.

CON TODO DE MI AMOR

Su misionera,

Hermana Barth

Ps. Sorry for my letters that are novels!! I will try to make them
shorter. I am a crazy writer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment