Monday, January 20, 2014

Shall We Not Go On in Such Great a Cause?


I have a lot I could say to you all today, as always, but I am going
to keep it short and sweet. I know my emails are usually miles long
and pretty much novels.. but I think I may change that. I usually am
frantically typing in the hour period I have, wanting to tell you
every possible thing I can think of, and often reading off notes I
wrote beforehand, etc. but I have realized I don't need to share every
teeny tiny little detail, I can keep those in my journal.. and I have
realized that what is most important is for you to all know how I
feel. Ohh I wish I could express to you how I am feeling at this very
moment but it's truly too hard to explain. I am not even sure if there
are words to describe it. I have such a great amount of warmth, peace,
love, gratitude and happiness in my heart. I feel such a great amount


of love for the work I am doing and the people I am serving. For every
single person that is in my life. Even those who may not seem as big
or as significant. I honestly love everyone who has entered into my
life, at any time period, soo very much and want you all to know that.
I also want you to know how much love, respect and admiration I have
for our Savior, Redeemer, Lord, and Brother, Jesus Christ. I am choked
up even just writing this email as I think about my dear Savior. I
love him with all of my heart and soul and cannot bear to think about
not having Him in my life, by my side. I can sincerely feel my Savior
by my side at all times in the work I am doing. In His work. I know
that He is helping me and all those I come in contact with in every
aspect and performing more miracles than I can possible say. I am so
grateful for Him and for the Holy Ghost that touches and works through
me every single day as well. I am so humbled by the love I feel right
now. As a missionary and simply as a daughter of our ever so loving
Heavenly Father. I also want you to know that I know with all of my
heart that God is truly our Heavenly Father, he loves each of us soo
very much and he truly does listen to and answer each of our prayers
as well. I wish I could tell you all of the times Heavenly Father has
reached out to me personally and answered my prayers but it would take
forever. He has reached out to me in many many ways and continues to
do so. I have had some personal experiences with this lately as well
and my testimony has been strengthened more and more each day. 

Ohh I love my eternal Father so very much.

 I have tears in my eyes right now
thinking about Him. I feel so loved. And this love is building up
inside of me more and more each day. I just feel so loved and feel so
much love for others. I truly feel as though I am about to burst!
There is so much love in my heart!!!!! And also, my love for Joseph
Smith... Words cannot describe my admiration for him as well. I know
that he restored the gospel and true church of Jesus Christ and it is
through him we have the truth on the earth today. Hermana Piggott and
I watched parts of the Joseph Smith movie earlier this week with the
Elizondo family and at the end of the movie (I'll translate it into
English) it says.... "The gospel of Jesus Christ is the power of God
unto salvation. The fullness of this gospel was restored through the
Prophet Joseph Smith. Joseph lived and died for the cause of truth.
The work that he began continues to spread throughout the earth. Shall
we not go on in so great a cause?" Of course, there is a greater
affect reading this after watching the movie, seeing all that Joseph
went through for the truth and for Christ's church to again be
restored... But when I read those words and the song, "Praise to the
Man" silently played in the background... I had chills run down my
spine, my throat was choked and I had tears in my eyes. I felt as
though the entire world had stopped and my appreciation for this
gospel completely filled me. When I read, the last sentence I truly
felt the spirit so strong as well and the fire I have inside of me for
missionary work and to spread this gospel grew soo much. I absolutely
love this work because I absolutely love my Savior, His gospel, The
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, my Heavenly Father, all
of His children, and being a missionary, servant and tool for my
Savior. I am here to hasten His work and exclaim to every single soul
I come in contact with that the true restored gospel of Jesus Christ
is on the earth!!!! We have this knowledge!! And we have a living
Prophet and twelve Apostles on the earth as well! We still are
receiving direct revelation and guidance from the Almighty and if we
follow the Savior's example, His commandments and the modern
revelation our Prophets and as of now, President Monson receives in
these latter-days, we will love with our Father in Heaven again!!! We
will be in his presence along with our Savior, families and all those
we love with forever! For eternity! We can have the happiest, most
fulfilling and blessed lives on the earth today and receive eternal
happiness in the life to come!!!!! I am here to declare this word and
I couldn't be happier about it. I LOVE THIS WORK. And every one of us
can do this work as well. We are all missionaries, disciples and
servants of the Lord.. So let's make it known! Known that He LIVES and
that God loves us and has a PLAN for us!!!!! That we are all going to
receive salvation and eternal life. If we hearken unto His counsel and
grow closer to them. If we seek after them, pray to them, do their
work.

"SHALL WE NOT GO ON IN SO GREAT A CAUSE?"

Con amor, Hermana Barth

"Now behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. The Son of God. I have
been called of Him, to declare His word, among His people, that they
might have everlasting life." - 3 Nephi 5:13

We recite this every morning in both English and Spanish before
companionship study...

"He aquí, hoy discípulo de JesuCristo, el Hijo de Dios. He sido
llamado por él para declarar su palabra, entre los de su pueblo, a fin
de que alcancen la vida eterna." - 3 Nefi 5:13

Ps. Everything is going wonderful here. I think it's my last week with
Hermana Piggott which is hard and I don't like thinking about it...
But we still have one last week together. It will be an amazing one.
The Elizondo family is doing awesome. Lorenza is progressing the most
and I know she will be baptized. Huge miracle I know. But I have so
much faith in her and in the Lord. We also have many new promising
investigators, I'll have to tell you all about them next week. We also
got a solid new family in our branch. They both graduated from BYU and
the mom's dad is the Temple President in Merida, Mexico and her uncle
is the Mission President of that mission. We're thrilled to get them.
So darling. So solid. Also, President and Sister Weston had a
conference call with us the other day to announce our new Mission
President who will be coming in July. Michael Marston and Sister
Marston. President and his wife were crying softly over the phone when
they announced it and as they expressed their love for us and I am
going to miss them sooo much, as you all know how much I idolize and
love them.. But it will be awesome to get a new President as well.
I'll pretty much evenly have two Presidents. Which will be pretty
neat. I am excited to meet them but as of now I am soaking in all of
President Weston as I can. Also, Jesús received the Priesthood
yesterday and passed the sacrament for the first time! He looked soo
grown up, darling and happy! It touched my heart in so many ways and
along with him, Hermana Piggott and I couldn't wipe the smiles off of
our faces! And also, President Lopez just called us. Haha mom and
dad!!!! You get to meet my branch President!! Haha he's the best!!!!
You're seeing him tomorrow night!? I love it! His wife is the best too
and she has helped us soo much with Yamara. Also, they feed us a ton
when we don't have meals. Oh my goodness have so much fun talking to
them! And tell President HELLO! Hahaha kills me. I love him. I'm so
happy you're getting together. Okay.. I have more to say but actually
have to go. Time to write my dear President. I LOVE YOU ALL.

Oh, and cutest quote Yamara said this week... "I want to go on my own
mission some day so I can change a girls life like you've changed
mine."

No comments:

Post a Comment